There are many different paver types, colours and designs available and the function of the area will determine which surface treatment is best.
- areas that will receive light foot traffic can be gravel, pebble and utilise steppers.
- heavy foot traffic or wear areas are best paved including where you sit.
Paving size and design will be most attractive in the context of the scale of the surrounding environment.
- large format pavers in a stack bond pattern give the illusion of space, making small spaces seem larger.
- stretcher bond is a classic pattern replicating brickwork for a more traditional look
- herringbone pattern is on trend and makes a statement
- cobbles are a small format paver and great for informal, traditional looks
- crazy paving is perfect when working with curves in the garden creating a unique appearance
- limestone french pattern is pure elegance
There are sustainable options for paving that allow greater water infiltration and reduce stormwater run-off into drains. Paths can combine stepping stones or pavers surrounded by smaller pebbles, that allow water to seep through the pebbles into the soil.